xsl-list

RE: Using Dublin Core as meta data for XSLT stylesheets

2003-02-06 09:29:13
Hi Ken,

You might want to look at RDF and Dublin Core.
Simple DC: http://dublincore.org/documents/2002/07/31/dcmes-xml/
There is a document (I can't find right now) about expressing qualified DC in
RDF/XML.

What would you want out of a CMS? (very curious! - we use RDF/DC in our CMS
along with additional site/folder/page/content specific metadata - not released
yet...) Are interested in qualified DC or simple DC?

best,
-Rob

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com]On Behalf Of
G. Ken Holman
Sent: Thursday, February 06, 2003 7:37 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm looking at adding structured meta data to my stylesheets and wondered
if anyone has already been doing something along the lines of the example
below.

Perhaps if someone has already determined a useful set of meta data for
stylesheets, they could share how they would approach what I'm trying to
accomplish: structured meta data for access by another XSLT stylesheet or
for recognition in a content management system.

I'm following the Dublin Core namespace policy at:

   http://dublincore.org/documents/dcmi-namespace/

And the list of elements at:

   http://dublincore.org/usage/terms/dc/

But in my searching I haven't seen anyone share their approaches to doing
this, so I thought I would ask for what might be common practice out there.

BTW, I'm using CVS as my source code control system, hence the use of the
"$" in some of the fields.

Does anyone know of content management systems that look for, recognize and
take advantage of Dublin Core meta data?

Thanks!

................... Ken

                 xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format";
                 xmlns:doc="http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/ns/documentation";
                 xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/";
                 exclude-result-prefixes="fo doc dc"
                 version="1.0">

<doc:meta>
   <doc:version>$Revision: 1.5 $</doc:version>
   <dc:title>Consistency check of cell container heights and widths</dc:title>
   <dc:creator>Crane Softwrights Ltd.</dc:creator>
   <dc:subject>containers debug</dc:subject>
   <dc:description>
     Use this stylesheet to check that authored values for with height and
     width attributes of nested block-containers are consistent with the
     table cells within which they are used.
   </dc:description>
   <dc:publisher>Crane Softwrights Ltd.</dc:publisher>
   <dc:contributor>G. Ken Holman</dc:contributor>
   <dc:date>$Date: 2003/02/06 14:48:11 $(UTC)</dc:date>
   <dc:type>XSLT Stylesheet</dc:type>
   <dc:format>http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform</dc:format>
   <dc:identifier>checkcellcontainer.xsl</dc:identifier>
   <dc:source>UBL Project</dc:source>
   <dc:language>en</dc:language>
   <dc:rights>Copyright (C) 2003 Crane Softwrights Ltd.</dc:rights>
</doc:meta>