xsl-list

RE: Xsl problem with output of repeated lines

2003-02-06 06:18:25
This is a grouping problem, and you should read about grouping (or
"Muenchian grouping") in your favourite XSLT textbook or at
http://www.jenitennison.com/xslt/grouping

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael(_dot_)H(_dot_)Kay(_at_)ntlworld(_dot_)com
work: Michael(_dot_)Kay(_at_)softwareag(_dot_)com

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of
Susanne Kiese
Sent: 06 February 2003 08:48
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] Xsl problem with output of repeated lines

Hi list,

I try to explain my problem - hope I can.

I have some problems with formatted output of repeated lines.
Here is my short xml example:

<Report>
  <Zellgruppe>
    <Zelle>
      <Zelle>BXB0000C</Zelle>
      <Alternative>test</Alternative>
      <HSN>2</HSN>
      <typ>b</typ>
      <nr>1</nr>
      <fix_knz>wunsch</fix_knz>
    </Zelle>
    <Zelle>
      <Zelle>BXB0000C</Zelle>
      <Alternative>test</Alternative>
      <HSN>2</HSN>
      <typ>t</typ>
      <nr>33</nr>
      <fix_knz>fest</fix_knz>
    </Zelle>
    <Zelle>
      <Zelle>BXB0000C</Zelle>
      <Alternative>test</Alternative>
      <HSN>2</HSN>
      <typ>td</typ>
      <nr>22</nr>
      <fix_knz>frei</fix_knz>
    </Zelle>
    <Zelle>
      <Zelle>BXB0001A</Zelle>
      <Alternative>xy</Alternative>
       <HSN>3</HSN>
      </Zelle>
  </Zellgruppe>
</Report>

In this xml file the value of HSN appears once per
Zelle,Alternative but
the values of typ, nr and fix_knz appears more than once. Now
I want to
print out one line with value of HSN and several lines with values of
typ etc.

My output example:

Zelle                 Alternative      values
----------- ---------------- --------------
BXB0000C      test             2                    (one line
for value
of HSN)
BXB0000C      test             b   1   wunsch       (three lines for
values typ, nr, fix_knz)
BXB0000C      test             t   33  fest
BXB0000C      test             td  22  frei
BXB0001A      xy              3                    (next HSN value)
    (next
lines for values typ, nr, fix_knz)

Can somebody help me to solve the problem? I tried with parameters to
remember the values of Zelle and Alternative but it does not
work :-( Many thanks for your help,

Susanne Kiese
--

Susanne Kiese - Entwicklung Funknetzdatenbanken

Vodafone D2 GmbH - Abt. TES
Am Seestern 5, D-40547 Duesseldorf

phone: +49 172 2400020 oder +49 211 5333600
fax:   +49 211 5332124

email: Susanne(_dot_)Kiese(_at_)Vodafone(_dot_)com