xsl-list

RE: is XSLT 2.0 implementable? (was: N : M transformation)

2003-02-05 05:55:14
And one more time I disagree with this. The problem is not as bad as
you make it out. You do not need to say that the input must be
derived from some source XML document. You simply need to state that
when the input is derived directly from a source XML document, then
the data model is precisely specified.

I have actually been in favour of defining one specific route from a
source XML document to a data model object that all processors must
support, but I haven't persuaded my colleagues to accept the principle,
let alone the details of what that route should be.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael(_dot_)H(_dot_)Kay(_at_)ntlworld(_dot_)com
work: Michael(_dot_)Kay(_at_)softwareag(_dot_)com