xsl-list

Japnese Regional settings generate ClassCastException in XSLT !

2003-02-05 02:00:32
Hello,
When the regional settings is in Japnese, I am having a problem
in translating an XML file using an XSLT file.
Description is as below-

1. I have an xml file.

2. I parse the xml file and apply some transformation on it (by using an xslt file). xml parsing is done by xalan (using java parser).

3. I get an output file.

The above scenario is working fine with the Regional settings in English(US) i.e. ControlPanel->RegionalOptions->SetDefault and then select English(UnitedStates) in the 'Your Locale(location)' dialog box.

However, if you change the Regional settings (Locale) to Japnese. I get the following error message -

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.xalan.res.XSLTErrorResources_ja
at org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process.main(Process.java:209)

Does that mean xalan does not support Japnese regional settings?

Thanks in advance
_Prasad