xsl-list

RE: Omitting multiple namespaces in html output tag

2003-02-01 12:37:56
exclude-result-prefixes="dc rdf"

Put that in your stylesheet tag and they won't go through.  The list of
prefixes is white-space separated.

For reference:
http://www.zvon.org/xxl/XSLTreference/Output/xslt_stylesheet_exclude-res
ult-prefixes.html

Peter E.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of Dan
Cederholm
Sent: Saturday, February 01, 2003 3:43 PM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] Omitting multiple namespaces in html output tag

Hello - I'm generating xhtml documents with xslt.  My xml source
document
has several namespaces (dc:, rdf:, etc.).   I realize I must declare
these
in the xsl stylesheet, along with the xhtml default namespace.  The
problem is, all the namespace declarations are put within the <html> tag
thereby breaking validation of the result page.

Is there a way to omit all (or certain) namespaces that are declared in
the stylesheet from the result document?  I need the xhtml one to stay
for proper validation of xhtml.

I've even tried a taking the <html> out, printing it out literally, and
then all the namepsaces are added to the next tag (<head>).

Any thoughts?  I've search the web with no luck on this.  Thanks

Dan

--
dan(_at_)cederholm(_dot_)org
http://www.cederholm.org