xsl-list

RE: Picking up the 2nd part text after child element

2003-03-27 03:44:51
I suspect your real requirement is not to process the second text node,
but to process all the text nodes. Use the standard:

<xsl:apply-templates/>

which will process all the child nodes, in turn. To do non-standard
processing of the text nodes, do, for example:

<xsl:template match="text()">
</xsl:template>

But usually you don't need to define a template rule for text nodes,
because the built-in rule copies the text node to the result tree, which
is usually what you want to happen.

Try to avoid using xsl:value-of when handling elements that may contain
child elements. It rarely does what you want. Use xsl:apply-templates
instead.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael(_dot_)H(_dot_)Kay(_at_)ntlworld(_dot_)com
work: Michael(_dot_)Kay(_at_)softwareag(_dot_)com