xsl-list

Re: perl and xslt

2003-03-21 19:43:19
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 10:40:01 +0100
From: Daniel Veillard <daniel(_at_)veillard(_dot_)com>
Subject: Re: [xsl] perl and xslt

On Thu, Mar 20, 2003 at 11:32:59PM -0600, cameron wrote:
Can someone recommend a good perl module for XSL transformations other
than LibXSLT.  I need one that is pure perl so that it is
platform-independent.

 Hum, libxslt is very portable. What platform did you get problems
with ? perl is C code, so is libxml2/libxslt, and I doubt there is
much more platform constraints on my side than on perl side.

I shoud have been more specific about my situation, platform-independant isn't
exactly what I meant.  My personal server is a Linux box which I run
XML::LibXSLT on without a problem, but I also rent web space on a Solaris
server which I don't have shell access to and can't compile the C for it
which is why I need a pure perl module.  LibXSLT apparently requires
LibXML::Common::Common.so to run which is my limitation (the ELF data format
Solaris requires is different than Linux so I can't simply build it on my
end, unless this is a mistake or there is a way around it that I don't know
about.)

I've toyed with XML-XSLT, but it's slow and is not a full implementation of
the W3M XSLT specification.