xsl-list

Re: Looping through attributes..

2003-03-21 06:43:20
Hi Joe,

I've spent a lot of time trying to avoid xsl:if and for-each by
using apply-templates for everything. Is there a way to
"apply-templates" to the attributes of an element? I'm thinking of
something like this: <xsl:apply-templates select="./@*">. If this
can be done, I could get rid if a lot of xsl:if statements that
check for the presence of attributes.

Yes, you can apply templates to attributes in precisely the way you
surmise (though the "./" at the start of the path is unnecessary).
Note that you should have templates that match the attributes:

<xsl:template match="@*">
</xsl:template>

unless you just want their values printed out.

Cheers,

Jeni

---
Jeni Tennison