xsl-list

where does one stick the doctype?

2003-03-20 11:44:10
Hello -

so I am trying to place a DOCTYPE declaration in my XSLT,
but can't get it to render correctly - get errors like:

---
XML error
Cannot have a DOCTYPE declaration outside of a prolog.
---

I have tried sticking it everywhere I can think...
using MSXML as the parser for xml and xslt... I have xhtml
templates that feed into a master xslt template document.

This brings me to this problem(?) - my outputted html
actually has:

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";
xmlns:apt="http://www.somedomain.com/applicationpagetemplate";
xmlns:module="http://www.somedomain.com/modules";
xmlns:modtag="http://www.somedomain.com/smart/tags";
xmlns:msxsl="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt"><xsl:template
match="pp">

as the opening tag before the <html> tag. Is this normal? or ok?

thanks for any tips and straight out help..

Regards,

David