xsl-list

Generating Table Cell values to match Columns

2003-03-20 09:24:13
I tried to post this previously, but it never seems to appear on the list.

I have table data that may have blank entries for specific cells.  If I
have the following:

<thead>
<colspec colname=?FRED? />
<colspec colname=?SAM? />
<colspec colname=?JANE? />
<colspec colname=?BILL? />
<colspec colname=?MARY? />
<colspec colname=?SALLY? />
</thead>
<tbody>
<row>
<entry colname=?FRED?>
Text 1
</entry>
<entry colname=?JANE?>
Text 3
</entry>
<entry colname=?BILL?>
Text 4
</entry>
<entry colname=?SALLY?>
Text 6
</entry>
</row>
</tbody>

How do I generate the <TD> element for the matching column in XSLT?  I
need to somehow test the value of "colname" in <entry> against the
"colname" in the <colspec>.

This needs to be a ?generic? solution based on the XML data, since I have
many tables in the file with different number of columns, different
colname values, etc.

Thanks,
Glenn