xsl-list

RE: Answers to review questions in "Beginning XSLT": Chapt er 8

2003-03-19 15:45:49
On Wed, 19 Mar 2003, Martinez, Brian wrote:

From: Jeni Tennison [mailto:jeni(_at_)jenitennison(_dot_)com]

Given that Wrox has just gone under, I'm unlikely to ever see any
royalties from Beginning XSLT. (If you were putting off getting a
copy, I suggest that you buy now -- same goes for Mike's Programmer's
Reference.)

(Sorry, I know this is off-topic.)

That's quite a shock--and also a disappointment, although no more than it
must be to you and Michael and other Wrox authors.  And no other publisher
I'm aware of has offered a definitive programmer's reference and tutorial.
Any chance that publication rights could revert back to you so you could
take the book elsewhere?

also, not to sound opportunistic or anything, but what happens to
the WROX books already in stock at bookstores?  i was just down at
chapters (a canadian chain), and there were numerous wrox titles on
the shelf.

by "going under", does that mean just bankruptcy re-organization,
or real death?  will wrox books be remaindered?  that would certainly
inspire me to pick up a couple more, and tell my friends to do the
same if they suddenly become clearance priced.

rday