xsl-list

Re: Where is apply-imports going wrong?

2003-03-19 05:58:20
Hi Ankit,

I have two files Northwind.xml and its stylsheet NorthwindPO3.xsl.
From the above specified XML file I create a new file temp.xml that
contains new elements "Annotation" that have certain attributes, for
example "type". Now I generate a stylesheet(temp.xsl) that imports
the stylesheet NorthwindPO3.xsl and apply this stylesheet to
temp.xml Now, my aim is to display the temp.xml with formattings
from NorthwindPO3.xsl + new formattings for all elements
"ANNOTATION". Means, I wish to override the formattings of
NorthwindPO3.xsl with new formattings as specified in temp.xsl file

But to my surprise, all the values disappear when i open the
temp.xml file using temp.xsl. Could somebody please tell where i am
going wrong in the creation of temp.xsl

I think that one problem is that NorthwindP03.xsl is written in WD-xsl
rather than XSLT. If you change the namespace to
http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform then you should have better luck.

From a quick scan, though, it doesn't look as though NorthwindP03.xsl
ever applies templates to any nodes, so I doubt that the templates in
temp.xsl will have any effect.

Cheers,

Jeni

---