xsl-list

RE: cobol to xml ?

2003-03-18 14:10:32
From: Paul [mailto:reganmian(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2003 1:32 PM
Subject: [xsl] cobol to xml ?

Hi

My assignment is a transformation from cobol copybook
with values that the customer wants to transform into
XML data. Seems logical enough, but I can't find any
reference to a CPY-to-XML transforming.
any suggest here ?

XSLT can only transform XML documents, so it probably isn't the tool to use
in this case.  However, I believe that resources exist for converting COBOL
data structures to XML; try a COBOL site (www.cobolportal.com) or doing a
Google search.

hth,
b.

| brian martinez
brian(_dot_)martinez(_at_)trip(_dot_)com |
| lead gui programmer                                    303.708.7248 |
| trip network, inc.                                 fax 303.790.9350 |
| 6436 s. racine cir.                             englewood, co 80111 |
| http://www.cheaptickets.com/                   http://www.trip.com/ |