xsl-list

RE: Pictures in XML/XSL

2003-03-18 04:00:40
To pass a JPG picture (or any other binary data) through XML, you can
encode it to text with Base64 (code freely available in the net). On the
other side you can decode it back to binary.
I guess you could do the decoding from XSL by using an external
function.

        Evyatar

-----Original Message-----
From: John Proctor [mailto:jproctor0(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com]
Sent: Monday, March 17, 2003 19:10
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] Pictures in XML/XSL

Hi I don't know if its possible I cant see how it would be as XML is
text
based, but is it possible to have pictures in the XML file and then
translate them via XSL.  I wanted to be able to have an input form and
then
via the input form input/upload pictures either jpg or gif.
At the moment I am using DOM for the client XML database and streaming
to a
servlet on a tomcat server (linux box)
Grateful for any help John Proctor
Ps sorry if it's a stupid question.