xsl-list

RE: xsl:number

2003-03-17 16:51:46
I think having xsl:number open to arbitrary reinterpretation
on the basis of the locale would be a serious error: there
would need to be some way to specify up front which sequence
is to be used.

So far as I am aware, ordered lists which use alphabetic
labels in non-English Latin-alphabet languages never use
diacriticals (but I'm happy to be corrected).

You're probably right; but I've seen relatively-recently published works
in German that omit the letter J in an ordered list.

Michael Kay