xsl-list

RE: External XML Doc help

2003-03-17 14:48:48
Okay, I have the following:

<xsl:template match="myexternalxml">
    <xsl:copy-of select="document('myxmldoc.xml)//testint/test"/>
</xsl:template>

This works great... spits out all the xml in the document
"myxmldoc.xml". However, I need to loop through a nodelist
within this document and I'm not sure how to set up my
templates to do this.  How would I, lets say, loop through
all test nodes in the following "myxmldoc" xml document:

<testing>
    <test>1234</test>
    <test>1234</test>
    <test>1234</test>
    <test>1234</test>
</testing>

Thanks, Karl

I'm no expert, but I'll take a quick stab. Maybe this will work:

<xsl:for-each select="document('myxmldoc.xml')//testing/test">
        <xsl:value-of select="."/>
        <!-- '.' is the current node reference, i.e. whatever 'test' node
you are on in the loop -->
</xsl:for-each>

HTH,
-dave