xsl-list

RE: White Spaces

2003-03-14 08:24:29
Hi Kark

I'm sure there are more technical ways but when I get this I just remove the
spaces.

This will no doubt wrap but you get the idea:

<xsl:attribute name="href">results.asp?ax=9<xsl:if
test="$meetid!=''">&amp;meetid=<xsl:value-of
select="$meetid"/></xsl:if><value-of select="$Query"/></xsl:attribute>

Cheers

Rod

-----Original Message-----
From: Karl Stubsjoen [mailto:karl(_at_)azprogolf(_dot_)com]
Sent: 14 March 2003 15:16
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] White Spaces

Hello,

I have a template rule which builds an HREF tag.  I pass in 3 paramers, an
special ID, display text, and the HREF value.  This is all good, and working
the way I'd presume except for the white spaces.  I'm getting a lot... but
don't understand.  I was assuming that they wouldn't be there at all (by
default).  Am I now forced to normalize-space?

Can I set my template rule (do we call them "template rules") to normalize
the spaces, or do we have to call another template rule?

Here is my template rule:
    <xsl:template name="makeUrl">
      <xsl:param name="Display"/>
      <xsl:param name="meetid"/>
      <xsl:param name="Query"/>
     <a>
         <xsl:attribute name="href">
         results.asp?ax=9
            <xsl:if test="$meetid!=''">
             &amp;meetid=<xsl:value-of select="$meetid"/>
            </xsl:if>
            <value-of select="$Query"/>
        </xsl:attribute>
         <xsl:value-of select="$Display"/>
        </a>
    </xsl:template>

Here is what is produced (exactly):

[ <a href="
         results.asp?ax=9

             &amp;meetid=10008">E</a>
        ] All 8+

Thanks for the help!
Karl

Any opinions expressed in this email are those of the individual and not
necessarily the Company. Unless expressly stated to the contrary, this email is
not intended to give rise to a new, or affect an existing, contractual or other
legal relationship.This email and any files transmitted with it, including
replies and forwarded copies which may contain alterations) subsequently
transmitted from the Company, are confidential and solely for the use of the
intended recipient. The unauthorised use, disclosure or copying of this email,
or any other information contained or attached,is prohibited and could, in
certain circumstances, be a criminal offence.

If you have received this email in error please notify the sender as soon as
possible.

presence of computer viruses.

www.focusdiy.co.uk