xsl-list

Re: Differing behavior of Xalan and Saxon with namespaces.Who'sright?

2003-03-13 13:55:57
Hmm, most curious indeed.  I am using instant-saxon-6.5.1.  Michael,
thoughts?  /Roger

Niko Matsakis wrote:

Thanks Niko.  I gave your suggestion a try - I used a literal result
element, as shown here:
However, I got the same result - Xalan carried the namespace declaration
over, and Saxon did not.  /Roger

Perhaps this is a bug in whatever version of saxon you are using.  My
own tests using Saxon 6.2.1 show the expected output, including the
namespace declaration.

However, if I change the stylesheet so that it does not use the LRE
(i.e., only the second template), then I do not see the namespace
declaration.

Niko Matsakis

--
DataPower technology