xsl-list

How to test if a named attribute exists.

2003-03-10 09:24:50
Let's say I have a document:

<parent>
  <child atrrib1="apples" attrib2="pears"/>
  <child attrib1="cars" attrib3="planes"/>
</parent>

I would like to do a test to determine if a named
attribute exists in one or more of the child elements.

If the attributes were elements, I can do this with a
count of all the named elements below the <parent>
element. For example if I have the named elements in a
lookup table, I can use the following to check for the
existence of each of the elements using the element's
name from the lookup table as follows:

  <xsl:for-each select="$lookup-node/*">
    <xsl:variable name="ItemName"
select="string(name(.))"/>
    <xsl:if
test="count($parent-node//*[name(.)=$ItemName]) &gt;
0">
      <th><xsl:value-of select="$ItemName"/></th>
    </xsl:if>
  </xsl:for-each>

 But I do not know how to do the same in the case of
attributes.

Can anyone help me with this? Thanks.

Imrran