xsl-list

RE: XSl Import and double styles

2003-03-10 06:45:49
This is exactly what xsl:apply-imports does.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael(_dot_)H(_dot_)Kay(_at_)ntlworld(_dot_)com
work: Michael(_dot_)Kay(_at_)softwareag(_dot_)com

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of
Ankit Jain
Sent: 10 March 2003 12:58
To: XSL-List(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] XSl Import and double styles

Hello,
I have problem while importing XSL inside XSL.
My problem is that I wish to import a stylesheet(say
original.xsl) into a new stylesheet(say new.xsl). I donot
know the structure of the original.xsl.

Now I have an xml doc. which contains as follows :
<certification> <Annotation
type="interesting"><name>JavaScript</name></Annotation>
<score>4.34</score>
<date>2002-08-29</date>
<percentage>99%</percentage>
<rank>1068</rank>
<exams>90121</exams>
</certification>
<certification>
<name>HTML 4.0</name>
<score>4.58</score>
<date>2002-08-29</date>
<Annotation type="interesting">
<percentage>99%</percentage>
</Annotation>
<rank>651</rank>
<exams>157605</exams>
</image>
</certification>

In this file I wish to manipulate and display the contents of
the tag <Annotation> from the new.xsl . That means I may wish
to set the background for all child elements to be Yellow.

original.xsl already contains the xsl manipulations for other
tags. Please somebody could advice how do I apply double
styles to a tag contained inside ANNOTATION. eg. the tag
<date>2002-08-29</date> has a template to set font in RED in
stylesheet original.xsl. But now from stylesheet new.xsl I
wish to set the contents of the tag Annotation to Italics or
background to Yellow. SO that the tag <date> appears both in
RED and Italics/Background-Yellow. Please remember that I
dont have any knowlegde of origianl.xsl

Thanks in advance
Ankit