xsl-list

Double output

2003-03-09 14:03:07
I have the following definition in my .xsd:

  <xs:element name="SubSection">
    <xs:complexType>
        <xs:sequence>
          <xs:element ref="ssHdr"/>
          <xs:element ref="TextPara" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
        </xs:sequence>
    </xs:complexType>
  </xs:element>

...the following in my .xsl:

...and, finally, the following in my .xml:

  <xsl:template match="ssHdr">
        <h4><xsl:apply-templates/></h4>
  </xsl:template>

  <ProbStmt>
    <SubSection>
      <ssHdr>Problem Statement</ssHdr>
      <TextPara>Some sample text here</TextPara>
    </SubSection>
  </ProbStmt>

When I open the xml file in MSIE 6.28, the subsection header, "Problem
Statement", is correctly rendered. However, the paragraph of text, "Some
sample text here", is printed twice, once as a subsection header, and again
as text within the subsection.

I think my logic is somehow wrong. I have an element subsection which
consists of a heading (ssHdr) and one or more elements TextPara.

I defined ssHdr separetly, as shown above. Maybe the ssHdr should not be
declared within the Subsection? But it seems appropriate to do so. I must be
missing something.

Would appreciate somehone showing me what is wrong here.

jwc