xsl-list

RE: Problem with the use of JavaScript in a XSL file

2003-03-07 08:14:41
After reading this fellow's post I am struck by how different stylistically
this is from how I've approached the use of XSLT on the client.

What is common practice generally (to the extent that there's consensus)?
To load xml and stylesheet and use your processor's API to manipulate and
transform?  Or as our poster does, to embed loads of Javascript within the
stylesheet as an adjunct to the transform?

I have to admit when I first read it, I was having difficulty imagining how
the processor would handle the chain of events.  Script blocks with embedded
xsl values and vice versa.  Would the processor, in the case of a for-each
with embedded script block, then generate many blocks of script?  Or is it
executed as it's encountered, and then the results serialized into the
output?  Interestingly different.

Jeff

hello,
I need Help. I have a problem using the character "<"other ">" in a
javasript in a XSL file.
I want to generate a table with a javasript in a XSL file.
What I try is
follow:
 ........... snip ..............
 <xsl:for-each select="//roman/chapter/page">

 <xsl:for-each select="line">
 <script language="JavaScript1.2">

         getChildElement('<xsl:value-of select="@name"/>');

 </script>
 </xsl:for-each>
<script language="JavaScript1.2">
        getParentElement('<a><xsl:attribute name="href" >#<xsl:value-of
select="@name"/></xsl:attribute><xsl:value-of select="@name"/></a>');
        getChildElement("§");
</script>