xsl-list

Generating XML validatable by Schema and doctype

2003-03-04 10:15:46
I want to create an Xhtml output using XSL that can be validated via
Schema or doctype.
By specifying the schema details within the <html> tag, it validates via
Schema, as in:
xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml
http://www.w3.org/2002/08/xhtml/xhtml1-transitional.xsd"; xml:lang="en"
lang="en">
But this breaks the W3C xhtml validator (having xmlns:xsi and
xsi:schemaLocation in the <html> tag). So I need a DTD consisting of:
"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd";
[ <!ATTLIST html xmlns:xsi CDATA #IMPLIED xsi:schemaLocation CDATA
#IMPLIED> ] >
The question is, how can I get that in there via XSL? I don't see
available options in the xsl:output element to add the ATTLIST component.
~~Michael Sorens