xsl-list

RE: xsl:variable and position question and experience

2003-03-04 08:35:10
At 12:12 PM -0500 3/3/03, Passin, Tom wrote:
This message, and several others posted today, are __NOT__ from me, even
though my name is in the From: header.

The are actually from

ds5j(_at_)excite(_dot_)com

and I would appreciate it if this individual would correct his/her
postings.

Tom --

Your email application is playing tricks on you. ds5j(_at_)excite(_dot_)com
doesn't
provide a name with his/her postings, just an email address. Some email
tools display something silly when there is no name (I use Eudora, which
by default fills in missing names with "Some Bozo"), others fill in the
default name in their environment, usually the name of the user. So,
many XSL-List subscribers will see their own names as the "sender" of
ds5j(_at_)excite(_dot_)com's messages. The good news is that nobody but you will
see your name there.

I have asked ds5j(_at_)excite(_dot_)com to put a name on his/her messages, but
don't have any mechanism for automatically bouncing messages without
a sender name.

-- Tommie
B. Tommie Usdin
mailto:btusdin(_at_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com