xsl-list

RE: :xsl matching/sorting recursively by attribute:

2003-03-04 02:29:12
Hi,

I haven't looked at the table formatting, but hopefully this will start
you on your way...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
  <xsl:output method="html"/>

  <xsl:template match="/">
    <xsl:apply-templates select="//*[(_at_)task]" mode="sorted-tasks">
      <xsl:sort select="@task"/>
    </xsl:apply-templates>
  </xsl:template>

  <xsl:template match="*" mode="sorted-tasks">
    <xsl:copy-of select="."/>
  </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

Note that I use match="*" and a mode in the second template to avoid having
specify the match pattern (//*[(_at_)task]) in two places which would be a
maintenance
nightmare if the stylesheet were much bigger.

Rgds,

Dan.