xsl-list

RE: + Signed Number Format

2003-03-03 17:12:17
Hi.

I want to use the function  format-number to to put a number
in a  money  format.  This works when the number is either
not signed or negatively signed. The XML we got from our
client has a "+" sign like this example:

<xsl:value-of select="format-number(+00003345351.89,'$#,###.00')"/>

XPath 1.0 doesn't allow a leading plus sign in a number. You can get rid
of it using translate($num, '+', '').

This won't work.  The same proble is when I use the function
sum() on a column that has positive values represented with
"+" signed numbers.

Any clues
Thanks

Here is the definition of a positive number accoriding to the
w3c XML Schema Part 2: Datatypes specs. So according to these
standards an xml can have the "+" infront of a number.

XPath 1.0 predates XML Schema: its authors did a good job, but
predicting the contents of XML Schema would have been nothing short of
miraculous.

XPath 2.0 fixes this.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael(_dot_)H(_dot_)Kay(_at_)ntlworld(_dot_)com
work: Michael(_dot_)Kay(_at_)softwareag(_dot_)com