xsl-list

RE: Transform 2 XML Documents at Once?

2003-03-03 10:58:34
Dear Ted,
The document() function lets your XSL stylesheet access documents
other than the main input document.  See the FAQ at
http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect2/N2602.html#d2675e43

Lars

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com]On Behalf Of
Ted
Stresen-Reuter
Sent: Monday, March 03, 2003 11:16 AM
To: XSL-List(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] Transform 2 XML Documents at Once?

Hi,

Is it possible to "merge" two XML documents using one XSL document in
one pass?

I have an XHTML document that represents the "display" and an XML
document that represents the "data".

The XHTML document has a FORM element that is used to capture
data when
it is entered into the database. I'd like to reuse this XHTML
document
for displaying the data once it's been entered (to confirm
that it was
entered).

However, I want to transform INPUT (and other FORM elements) into P
elements while setting the text node of the P element to the
corresponding data in the other XML file (which is really just an XML
representation of the posted data).

I realize I could break it down into two steps (1: transform
the XHTML
document into an XSL document, 2: transform the posted data with the
new XSL document), but creating the XSL document for step 1
just seems
like more than I am prepared to do and I'm looking for a shortcut.

As always, thank you in advance. The help on this list has been great
and as I get more proficient, I hope to contribute answers in
addition
to asking questions.

Sincerely,

Ted Stresen-Reuter