xsl-list

Re: Code Generation Possible?

2003-03-02 07:49:21

Marty-
  You might find _Program Generators with XML and Java_, by J. C. Cleaveland
an interesting read. It's available at Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0130258784/qid%3D1046616374/sr%3D11-1
/ref%3Dsr%5F11%5F1/104-1204363-2867902

It's a pretty good read.

FWIW, I've done a lot of code generation from both databases and XML. I'm
currently focusing on the use of XML/XSL in generating code. In my case the
generated code has historically been (mostly) VB, but as you might imagine,
the harder part of the problem is the front end; i.e., choice of target
language is not a huge factor.

Regards,
 Bill

Marty says:
====
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 10:25:14 -0500
From: "Marty McKeever" <marty(_dot_)mckeever(_at_)goingv(_dot_)com>
Subject: [xsl] Code Generation Possible?

Is there a product that creates java classes from an XML definition.  I've
seen the stuff in Rose and TogetherJ, which looks very good, but is there an
XML interface or XUML on the horizon?

Seems like it could be done, i always seem to find myself creating
javascripts from xml.

We're messing with CCM from Redhat, an odd xml version of arsdigita/acs.
Modeling an application and then mapping it to the code-requirements schema
via XSL should produce valid class files no?

javadoc.xml?

just wondering....