xsl-list

RE: How to put node value into an attribute

2003-04-30 00:28:20
Use attribute value templates:

<input type='text' name='{(_at_)name}'/>

Michael Kay

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of
Gregory Propf
Sent: 30 April 2003 06:11
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] How to put node value into an attribute

I am trying to get the value of an XML node into an attribute
of a tag
that I am generating in XSL.  The idea is something like this.

<input type='text' name='<xsl:value-of select="@name"/>'/>

Where the xsl:value-of (this is within a template) becomes translated
into the value of the input attribute in the output.  This does not
work, however.  I get this from xalan.

Line 18; Column -1; XSLT Error
(javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException):
javax.xml.transform.TransformerException:
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException:
Use "&lt;" for "<" in attribute values.

What is the correct way to do this kind of thing?

--
"Firing people can give you a pretty good buzz, but it's a poor, poor
substitute for killing.  I realize that now" - Dale Gribble