xsl-list

RE: RE: Need to use generate-id() or other method?

2003-04-25 10:23:22
-----Original Message-----
From:     "Kathy Burke" <Kathy_Burke(_at_)Jabil(_dot_)com>
Subject:  RE: [xsl] Need to use generate-id() or other method?

Not sure what <div id="{$parent-id}{substring($id, 1,
string-length($id)-1)}"> is doing? Is this similar to Input="button"
name="$var" for each <item>?

You will have seen my follow-up post by now stating that all that stuff wasn't
necessary. Every time I do something like that I am reminded of a quote I once
read attributed to Blaise Pascal, the famous 17th Century French mathemetician.
He is reported to have opened a letter to a friend once with this apology, "I'm
sorry to have written such a long letter. I didn't have time to write a short
one."

The stuff with the substring() and string-length() functions just chops off the
trailing period from the output of <xsl:number>.

--
Charles Knell
cknell(_at_)onebox(_dot_)com - email