xsl-list

function number()

2003-04-24 14:17:57
I am using xalan-J transformation engine on UNIX platform.
When I use the xsl function number() for a large value , there seems to
be
an overflow and the function returns an arbitrarily large number.
e.g. number('1900385999.000') returns 576398327.327184

For Xalan-specific questions, you're better off hitting Xalan's own
mailing liet.

If you're using the same release of Xalan on both platforms, I can't think
of anything that would cause this difference unless it's a divergence in
the underlying JVM's math libraries. If you aren't using the same release,
fix that and try again; there was a known bug in some versions of Xalan's
string-to-double conversion.

(Note that we don't use the built-in Java function because it would accept
strings that XSLT says we shouldn't.)