xsl-list

Re: silly (c) symbol. How to get © in output ?

2003-04-24 13:29:15
In my previous post the first example was supposed to use #169; with little ampersand in the front.

cheers

Malcolm

Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 08:18:32 +1200

I'm having a lot of trouble getting *©* (the copyright system) to output.

I know this problem has been explained before but I can't find the thread which has a working answer.

I'm getting this:

<xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">©</xsl:text> gives the actual (c) symbol in the HTML doc which looks like this: © in the browser but look OK in XMLSpy.

<xsl:text>&copy;</xsl:text> gives an undefined entity error.

<xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">&copy;</xsl:text> gives an undefined entity error.

I'm using Saxon 7.4. My first born to anyone who can put me out of my misery.

TIA

cheers

Malcolm S-)