xsl-list

RE: using fn:max with Saxon 7.4 ?

2003-04-22 08:06:33
At present, Saxon implements all the standard functions in the null
namespace. Just use max() without a namespace prefix.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael(_dot_)H(_dot_)Kay(_at_)ntlworld(_dot_)com
work: Michael(_dot_)Kay(_at_)softwareag(_dot_)com

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of
malcolm macaulay
Sent: 22 April 2003 15:30
To: XSL-List(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] using fn:max with Saxon 7.4 ?

Can some please help me with using the new XPath 2.0
functions in Saxon 7.4?

When I try the transformation detailed below I get the
following error:

"Unknown function fn:min". The other day Saxon was telling me
it did not
recognise the fn namespace, although I can't reproduce that now.

Apologies if this problem has been explained many times over
- I've been
off-list for quite a while and didn't have any luck with the archives.

cheers

Malcolm

XML:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<numbers>
      <number>3</number>
      <number>5</number>
      <number>10</number>
      <number>1</number>
</numbers>

XSLT:

<xsl:transform xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";
xmlns:fn="http://www.w3.org/2002/11/xquery-functions";
xmlns:saxon="http://saxon.sf.net/"; version="2.0">
      <xsl:template match="/">
              <max>
                      <xsl:value-of select="fn:max(numbers/number)"/>
                      <!-- this works of course..
                      <xsl:value-of
select="saxon:max(numbers/number)"/>
                      -->