xsl-list

RE: Passing a parameter to the xsl file itself

2003-04-22 06:25:07
Sure you can pass a parameter to a transformation. Declare the parameter
in a global xsl:param element, and pass the required value using the
transformer.setParameter() method.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael(_dot_)H(_dot_)Kay(_at_)ntlworld(_dot_)com
work: Michael(_dot_)Kay(_at_)softwareag(_dot_)com

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of
Simon Kelly
Sent: 22 April 2003 11:45
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] Passing a parameter to the xsl file itself

Hi all,

I have a transform I need to perform on multiple relational
data sets.  The xsl will not change in structure from go to
go, but I need to change a certain name within the transform
each time.  Unfortunately this data is not contained within
the relational data either, but is known by the java code
that is executing the relational search and then the
transform.  Is there a way to tell the xsl stylesheet this
information, without having to edit the xsl itself?

Cheers

Simon

Institut fuer
Prozessdatenverarbeitung
und Elektronik,
Forschungszentrum Karlsruhe GmbH,
Postfach 3640,
D-76021 Karlsruhe,
Germany.

Tel: (+49)/7247 82-4042
E-mail : kelly(_at_)ipe(_dot_)fzk(_dot_)de