xsl-list

Re: simple example of using XForms

2003-04-18 11:43:47
At 16:35 05/02/2003 +0100, you wrote:
I'm starting learning XForms.

I'm working with XSD, XSL and XML.
For the moment i produce my XML file from the schema, and then i make
the XSL style sheet in order to visualize the XML file throw the Web in
XHTML.
I have to use HTML forms in my XSL style sheet to enter the data.

XForms seems to be our solution. But i'm wondering how can i start to
make some simple XForms examples.
Because  i'm not still abble to understand the relationship  between the
different files :
the html file which contains the different forms declaration, the xml
file which comports the data, and the XSD.

I have started to read the litterature but it's very theoretical.

many thanks for your help!!

Miss Laurence Mossuz

I know this a very belated reply but I get *very* behind with the email lists I lurk on.

Sources of XForms information:
Micah Dubinko's book is in public draft, at http://dubinko.info/writing/xforms/book.html

Source of example files:
http://www.x-smiles.org
Download the X-Smiles browser and the demo files. Lots of relatively simple example XForms-containing documents there.

XForms mailing lists:
Send an email to either or both of these addresses
xforms-subscribe(_at_)yahoogroups(_dot_)com
www-forms-request(_at_)w3(_dot_)org

I don't know of any specifically XSLT-related examples publicly available YET. But they will come. XForms will be created dynamically and XSLT seems, to me at least, to one of several potentially suitable tools.

I hope that helps a little.

Andrew Watt