xsl-list

Re: Calling Java Xalan inside Perl on Unix -- THANKS!

2003-04-17 14:09:21

I use Perl module XML::DOM and XML::XQL that can be
downloaded from www.cpan.org. In the README file of
XML::DOM it says XML::GDOME is faster, something about
DOM level 2 but I haven't tried it. XQL gives me the
XPATH navigation ability. Beware that XML::DOM and
XML::XQL are dependent on other modules.
the interesting thing is DOM is slow but later than
GDOME, both from T.J. Mather.

John Liao

PS: Is there a pure Perl way of XSLT that is as easy
as calling like above to Java Xalan? I lernt the
Java
way from the XSLT Oreilly book. But it seems a bit
silly
to call Java from Perl (even though it now works
fine).

--

  Mistera Sturno - Rarest Extinct Bird

  <(+)__       Gan Uesli Starling