xsl-list

Re: XSLT Xalan problem

2003-04-16 15:04:44
Charlie Allerston wrote:
I am geting an error which reads

file:///C:/swiss-prot/swiss-prot.xsl; Line 1; Column 8; XSLT Error (javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException): javax.xmnl.transform.TransformerException: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The XML declaration may only appear at the very beginning of the document.
OK, so firstly can someone please tell me if I am interpreting the error correctly. It is telling me that I have some sort of problem with the XML declaration at the top of my XSL file?

Yes. The most probable reason is that you have a blank line
or some other form of whitespace before the XML declaration
in your XSL file. The "<" starting the XML declaration must
be the very first character in the file. Check with a hex
editor if necessary.

J.Pietschmann