xsl-list

Re: xslt2 grouping

2003-04-15 04:26:12
At 09:40 15/04/2003 +0100, you wrote:
http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt20/#d5e12772 says

The xsl:for-each-group instruction partitions a sequence into groups of
items (that is, it establishes a set of sequences)

A set of sequences.
A set.
But a set does not contain duplicates?
- What definition of duplicate is used please?
  say I use group-by="@x"
With two members of the population being
  <el x='2' y='3'/> and
  <el x='2' y='4'/>  are they classed as duplicate members
  of this population?

Dave,

No, I wouldn't expect them to be considered duplicates.

The XPath 2.0 spec indicates that each node has its own node identity. So, since these nodes each has a separate identity they are not, in my view at least, duplicates.

Andrew Watt