xsl-list

Re: How to render TEI <div*>s with chapter-like pagination?

2003-04-13 10:51:17

--- David Carlisle <davidc(_at_)nag(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk> wrote:

Maybe I wasn't clear enough. What I want to do is
collect the siblings following one top-level <div*>
but preceding the next top-level <div*>
-- snip --
yes you were clear enough. That's what the code did,
teh nodes returned by the key are each of the group
of sdiblings that you want, so just create a
page-sequence then
apply-templates to the nodes returned by the key.

Maybe I'm thick, but I don't follow what you were
doing. As far as I can tell,

<xsl:key name="x"  match="node()"
use="generate-id((..|preceding-sibling::div1|preceding-sibling::div2|preceding-sibling::div3)[last()])"/>

can only match <div1>, <div2>, and <div3> elements,
and those are emphatically *not* the elements I'm
looking for. I can't see how the above code could
match elements such as <anchor/> or <milestone/>.