xsl-list

RE: String manipulations with quotes

2003-04-11 13:35:15
But (I take it, since XSLT 2.0 will still be XML -- I hope!
;-) one will
still have the extra wrinkle of worrying about the delimiter used to
identify the XPath as an attribute value.

Yes. The rule becomes: Use one kind of quotes for XML attributes, the
other kind for XPath string literals. Use XML escaping for the XML
attribute quotes. Use XPath escaping (i.e. doubling) for the XPath
quotes.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael(_dot_)H(_dot_)Kay(_at_)ntlworld(_dot_)com
work: Michael(_dot_)Kay(_at_)softwareag(_dot_)com