xsl-list

Re: Is possible to get external data into XML doc?

2003-04-11 11:54:03
Kathy,

At 11:54 AM 4/11/2003, you wrote:
Is it possible to bring external data into an xml instance?

XSLT gives two ways to get data other than from the source document:

1. a parameter passed into your processor at runtime
2. an external document called in via the document() function

Example: XML/XSLT form for data capture open in browser on a pc (of
course!)...

When the form is processed, is there any way to automatically capture
external
data such as the PC name so that it is included in the XML doc?

It sounds like a parameter, with some proprietary magic to get the value to pass in.

Cheers,
Wendell

    "Thus I make my own use of the telegraph, without consulting
     the directors, like the sparrows, which I perceive use it
     extensively for a perch." -- Thoreau