xsl-list

Re: Seeking methods using XSLT from PHP?

2003-04-11 08:59:28

Hi Gary:

        A while ago (probably over a year) I tested PHP and XSLT using
Sablotron.  At the time Sablotron was a little immature but I think is
better now.  I was a bit difficult to get working because you cannot use
the RPM version of PHP.  If my memory serves me well, I had to recompile
the source in order to include libxml and Sablotron libraries.

        However, if I can make a suggestion, I would recommend Cocoon from
Apache (http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/).  I think Cocoon is a more scalable
solution. It uses Xerces and Xalan for parsing XML and XSLT. I understand
that you can plug in your own parser if necessary.

I have recently been hooked on Cocoon.  I have used it to pull RSS files
from various technical newsites
(http://www.eccnet.com:8080/cocoon/linuxtoday).

Hope this helps.

Betty