xsl-list

RE: template match for subelement throughout tree

2003-04-10 15:58:08
The location of the template only matters if there are multiple templates that
match the node.  Could that be the case?  Maybe something like a match on
"table[type!='3']/tr/*" in your stylesheet as well?

There is a precedence amongst the templates, most specific to least and then
from the bottom of the stylesheet to the top, but I've never fully understood
what determines "most specific", nor trusted the implementation of this across
XSLT processors.

HTH,

Ken Ross
Ph: +61 7 32359370
Mob: +61 (0)419 772299
Email: Ken(_dot_)Ross(_at_)iie(_dot_)qld(_dot_)gov(_dot_)au

-----Original Message-----
From: Kathy Burke [mailto:Kathy_Burke(_at_)Jabil(_dot_)com]
Sent: Friday, 11 April 2003 8:46 AM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] template match for subelement throughout tree

I'm trying to apply this very simple template:

        <xsl:template match="para">
        </xsl:template>

I have an html structure with an <xsl:apply-templates/> in the body, then I
apply other templates to create 3 tables after that. The <para> template
works within the last table structure but doesn't affect the entire doc...I
would like ALL <para> elements to be effected.

I tried "//para" but clearly am missing something...I though location of the
template didn't matter...just the match node?

Sorry, new at this...

Thanks, Kathy

IMPORTANT: This email (including any attachments) may contain confidential,
private or legally privileged information and may be protected by copyright.
You may
only use it if you are the person(s) it was intended to be sent to and if you
use it in an
authorised way. No one is allowed to use, review, alter, transmit, disclose,
distribute,
print or copy this e-mail without appropriate authority.

If this e-mail was not intended for you and was sent to you by mistake, please
telephone or e-mail me immediately, destroy any hard copies of this e-mail and
delete
it and any copies of it from your computer system. Any legal privilege and
confidentiality attached to this e-mail is not waived or destroyed by that
mistake.

It is your responsibility to ensure that this e-mail does not contain and is
not affected
by computer viruses, defects or interference by third parties or replication
problems
(including incompatibility with your computer system).