xsl-list

RE: Reparsing Embedded XML

2003-04-10 15:18:02

I've got XML that has more XML embedded as strings.
 <doc>
   <field>&lt;anotherField&gt;data&lt;/anotherField&gt;</field>
   </doc>

I need to be able to format the stuff inside the field.  It's
good XML.  The
document() function looks close, but it wants a URI, not a string.

Is there some way for me to run a transform on that string?

Saxon has an extension function saxon:parse(), specifically written for
people who have to cope with such appallingly designed source documents.
Just extract a string containing raw XML, pass it to saxon:parse, and
you get back the document node of a tree representation of the XML.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael(_dot_)H(_dot_)Kay(_at_)ntlworld(_dot_)com
work: Michael(_dot_)Kay(_at_)softwareag(_dot_)com