xsl-list

RE: format number question

2003-04-09 15:53:42
What is your problem? What is your question? Is your code working or
not? If not, what output is it producing? And what does the input look
like?

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael(_dot_)H(_dot_)Kay(_at_)ntlworld(_dot_)com
work: Michael(_dot_)Kay(_at_)softwareag(_dot_)com

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of
JWALLIS(_at_)TRANSENTRIC(_dot_)COM
Sent: 09 April 2003 21:18
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] format number question

Problem: If the number exist's, and if there leading zeros,
drop them. Ex: 054 --> 54, else "" (nothing). I did the
following: At the top: <xsl:decimal-format name="staff" NaN="" />

In the body:
<xsl:value-of select='format-number(AAA,"###","staff")'/>

I make the assumption that if there are any characters in
this field, then they are numbers. This also handles the case
where only line-feeds and tabs come in. I have run various
test's without any problems or wierd results.

Question: Anyone see any problems with this?

Side note. I can't believe that this is not discussed in the
various FAQ's. As suggested, I tried to search the
mulberrytech site. All searches came back as not found. Even
when I entered NaN. I'm probably not entering something
correctly. went to Dave Pawson's site but was unable to
locate the search engine.

Thanks in advance for comments.

This transmission is intended to be strictly confidential. If
you are not the intended recipient of this message, you may
not disclose, print, copy or disseminate this information. If
you have received this in error, please reply and notify the
sender (only) and delete the message. Unauthorized
interception of this e-mail is a violation of federal criminal law.