xsl-list

RE: RE: XSL-FO: reset fo:page-number to 1 in each section o f . pdf, ba sed on XML input

2003-04-09 07:43:36
Thank you. I'll try it.

-----Original Message-----
From: David(_dot_)Pawson(_at_)rnib(_dot_)org(_dot_)uk
[mailto:David(_dot_)Pawson(_at_)rnib(_dot_)org(_dot_)uk]
Sent: Wednesday, April 09, 2003 3:37 AM
To: Bill(_at_)solspark(_dot_)com
Subject: RE: [xsl] RE: XSL-FO: reset fo:page-number to 1 in each section
o f . pdf, ba sed on XML input

Thank you.  You asked "What is identical?"  In my XML, the
name of every tag
below the top level <DOCUMENT> is identical: ITEM.  In a given
<fo:page-sequence>, I need to display the contents of
selected <ITEM> tags,
based on the matching contents of their child <BIRD>.

Try a two stage transform.

1. Group all item tags with the same bird under  a wrapper.
2. Then you need a page layout for each 'group' tag.