xsl-list

Re: Multiple output files

2003-04-08 07:54:55
For exslt information go to:

http://www.exslt.org

There are a few functions that have pure xslt implementations and can be
used instead of the Microsoft's native parser.  But, in general, there is no
support for exslt within Microsoft.  If you can, I would sugges downloading
the latest SDK from Sun for Java and installing the latest version of Saxon,
which supports the core EXSLT functions.  I believe XT is the other
processor that currently supports the core EXSLT functions.

Otherwise, you may be able to use a 'ghetto' method of the following:

<!--   xmlns:exslt="http://exslt.org/common";   -->
<!--   xmlns:exslt="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt"   -->

<x: stylesheet version="1.0"
     xmlns:exslt="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt"
     xmlns:x="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";>

     <!--  your xslt here -->

</x:stylesheet>

This requires that you copy and paste when using different xslt processors.
Microsoft does have a few native functions that have the same names as the
exslt, so this 'works' for a few instances, but I don't recommend it.  If
you can get away with just using the node-set() function, you should be
fine.  If not, then you'll have to find an alternate method.  The nice thing
about it is that if you plan to update your parser in the future, you will
not need to do much more than update the xmlns:exslt line.

bix