xsl-list

Re: generate full xpath name to an attribute?

2003-04-03 15:29:32
At 11:09 AM 4/3/03 +0100, you wrote:

> i get: /input/Nodes/Node/Point3.1415926535897
> what i want is: /input/Nodes/Node/Point(_at_)x (i think).

You need to read the text as well as just copying code blindly.
Jeni's code is doing a slightly different problem, the line above the
code you've quoted says

  Once we've outputted the information about the ancestor elements, we
  want to round it off with information about the value of the current
  node:

So Jeni's outputting the value as well as the path, and surely it is
clear enough that it ends with a value-of eslect="."  which you don't
want.

yes, i got the following to work:

        <xsl:template name="foo">
                <xsl:for-each select="ancestor-or-self::*">
                        <xsl:text>/</xsl:text>
                        <xsl:value-of select="name()"/>
                </xsl:for-each>
                        <xsl:text>@</xsl:text>
                <xsl:value-of select="name()"/>
        </xsl:template>

and since i *know* that everything i am interested in is an attribute, i can make progress now.

> and i will still have the subscript problem. as Node can occur multiple times.

But that isn't a problem as that FAQ page and other answers on this list
have posted code to do that.

i will look for them.

thanks for your assustance.

---