xsl-list

XSL-FO book announcement

2003-04-03 07:28:22
(apologies in advance for duplicates; I realize many share these lists, but I'm trying to reach those who are only on one list; thank you for your patience)

By now my "Definitive XSL-FO" book should be available on local bookstore shelves:

  Definitive XSL-FO
  First Edition - 2003-04-04 - ISBN 0-13-140374-5
  Copyright (c) 2003 Crane Softwrights Ltd.
  Prentice Hall PTR - 454 pages
  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/dxf-info.htm

This publication is authored in XML and produced using XSLT and XSL-FO, just as our "Definitive XSLT" book:

  Definitive XSLT and XPath
  First Edition - 2001-12-10 - ISBN 0-13-065196-6
  Copyright (c) 2002 Crane Softwrights Ltd.
  Prentice Hall PTR - 393 pages
  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/dxx-info.htm

These are, respectively, paper renditions of our two electronically published XSL books, produced from the same sources and using different stylesheets for the electronic rendition (we practice what we preach about single-source publishing; the same sources are used in producing our courses and lectures):

  Practical Formatting Using XSL-FO
  (Extensible Stylesheet Language Formatting Objects)
  Third Edition - 2002-09-05 - ISBN 1-894049-10-1
  Copyright (c) 2002 Crane Softwrights Ltd.
  / 396 Pages / Subscription price includes free updates,
  /           / soft-copy of included examples, and an
  /           / accessible rendition and 10 PDF renditions.
  /           / Free 206-page download preview excerpt.

  Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath
  (XSL Transformations and the XML Path Language)
  Tenth Edition - 2001-12-06 - ISBN 1-894049-08-X
  Copyright (c) 2001 Crane Softwrights Ltd.
  / 394 Pages / Subscription price includes free updates,
  /           / soft-copy of included examples, and an
  /           / accessible rendition and 10 PDF renditions.
  /           / Free 140-page download preview excerpt.

We were hoping that new editions of the electronic books would be finished by the end of April, but it may now be May before we get the new indexing done. Remember that customers of the electronic editions are entitled to all future editions at no charge of the titles they buy. Of course we cannot extend such free updates to customers of the paper renditions published by Prentice Hall.

Happy trails to you with your XML!

............................. Ken

p.s. on a personal note for those who knew, I'm ecstatic to report that I received the "all clear" the day before yesterday!

cc:
XSL List
XSL-FO List
XSL-FO-WWW
XML-DOC
XML-L
fop-user
microsoft.public.xsl
EXSLFO
XML-Dev

--
Upcoming hands-on in-depth XSLT/XPath and/or XSL-FO
                             North America:      June 16-20, 2003

G. Ken Holman                mailto:gkholman(_at_)CraneSoftwrights(_dot_)com
Crane Softwrights Ltd.         http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/
Box 266, Kars, Ontario CANADA K0A-2E0   +1(613)489-0999 (F:-0995)
ISBN 0-13-065196-6                      Definitive XSLT and XPath
ISBN 0-13-140374-5                              Definitive XSL-FO
ISBN 1-894049-08-X  Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath
ISBN 1-894049-10-1              Practical Formatting Using XSL-FO
Male Breast Cancer Awareness http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/bc