xsl-list

RE: Get a comma delimited string of nodenames.

2003-04-03 01:45:57
|| Hi I have an xml like this:
|| <?xml version="1.0" ?>
|| <root>
||    <data_field1>value1</data_field1>
||    <data_field2>value1</data_field2>
||    <data_field3>value1</data_field3>
||    <data_field4>value1</data_field4>
|| </root>
|| I am trying to get back a string in the form:
|| "data_field1,data_field2,data_field3,data_field4"
|| Any help will be appreciated...
|| -Shishir

How about the xsl that does it? ;)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format";>
        <!-- root template match -->
        <xsl:template match="/root">
                <xsl:text>"</xsl:text>
                <!-- loop on each child of the current node (i.e. each
child of /root)
                <xsl:for-each select="*">
                        <!-- get the local name of the element -->
                        <xsl:value-of select="local-name()"/>
                        <!-- insert a comma if it's not the last node
-->
                        <xsl:if test="position() != last()">
                                <xsl:text>,</xsl:text>
                        </xsl:if>
                </xsl:for-each>
                <xsl:text>"</xsl:text>
        </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

Hope that helps,

bRegards
Allan Jones

Tel:    0121 506 9111
Fax:    0121 506 9112
----------------
HYFINITY LIMITED. Registered in England & Wales 4136884. Registered
Office:
Blythe Valley Innovation Centre, Central Boulevard, Blythe Valley Park,
Solihull, West Midlands, B90 8AJ. Tel: +44 (0)121 506 9111.

The information contained within this email, together with any
attachments,
is intended solely for the named recipient(s) and may contain privileged
and/or confidential information. If you receive this in error, please
notify
hyfinity limited immediately and delete this e-mail.

Any views or opinions represented in this e-mail are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of hyfinity or its
affiliate
companies.

Although this e-mail and its attachments have been scanned for the
presence
of computer viruses, hyfinity will not be liable for any losses as a
result
of any viruses being passed on.